In this chapter, we provide NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 11 Three Dimensional Geometry for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 11 Three Dimensional Geometry pdf, free NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 11 Three Dimensional Geometry book pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Maths Chapter 11 Three Dimensional Geometry
Short Answer Type Questions
5. Prove that the line through A(0, -1, -1) and B(4, 5, 1) intersects the line through C(3, 9,4) and D(- 4,4,4).
Sol. We know that, the equation of a line that passes through two points (x1, y1, z1) and (x2, y2, z2) is
7. Find the equation of a plane which bisects perpendicularly the line joining the points A(2, 3,4) and 5(4, 5, 8) at right angles.
8. Find the equation of a plane which is at a distance 3 √3 units from origin and the normal to which is equally inclined to coordinate axis.
9. If the line drawn from the point (-2, -1,-3) meets a plane at right angle at the point (1, -3, 3), find the equation of the plane.
Sol. Since, the line drawn from the point B(-2, -1,-3) meets a plane a plane at right angle at the point 4(1,-3, 3).
So, the plane passes through the point 4(1, -3, 3)
10. Find the equation of the plane through the points (2, 1, 0), (3, -2, -2) and (3, 1, 7).
Sol. We know that, the equation of a plane passing through three non-collinear points (x1. y1, z1), (x2, y2, z2) and (x3, y3, z3) is
14. O is the origin and A is (a, b, c). Find the direction cosines of the line OA and the equation of plane through A at right angle to OA.
Long Answer Type Questions
19. Find the equations of the line passing through the point (3,0,1) and parallel to the planes x + 2y = 0 and 3y-z = 0.
20. Find the equation of the plane through the points (2,1, -1) and (-1,3,4), and perpendicular to the plane x-2y + 4z = 10.
22. Find the equation of the plane which is perpendicular to the plane 5x + 3y + 6z + 8 = 0 and which contains the line of intersection of the planes x + 2y + 3z – 4 = 0 and 2x + y- z + 5 = 0.
27. Show that the straight lines whose direction cosines are given by 2l+2m -n=0 and mn + nl + lm = 0 are at right angles.
Objective Type Questions
30. If the directions cosines of a line are k, k, ‘k, then
33. The reflection of the point (α, β,γ) in the xy-plane is
(a) (α, β,0) (b) (0,0, γ) (c) (-α, -β, γ) (d) (α, β,-γ)
Sol. (d) In xy-plane, the reflection of the point (α, β,γ) is (α, β,-γ)
34. The area of the quadrilateral ABCD, where A(0,4,1), B(2, 3, -1), C(4, 5, 0) and D(2, 6,2) is equal to
(a) 9 sq. units (b) 18 sq. units (c) 27 sq. units (d) 81 sq. units
35. The locus represented by xy + yz = 0 is
(a) A pair of perpendicular lines (b) A pair of parallel lines
(c) A pair of parallel planes (d) A pair of perpendicular planes
Fill in the Blanks Type Questions
True/False Type Questions
All Chapter NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions For Class12 Maths
All Subject NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions For Class12
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.